Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Grateful for ( কৃতজ্ঞ (কোনকিছু) ) I am grateful to you for your help.
- Jump to ( তাড়াহুড়ো করে সিদ্ধান্তে আসা ) Do not jump to a conclusion without much thinking.
- Involved in ( জড়িত ) He is involved in the plot.
- Pity for ( করুণা ) Have pity for the poor.
- Alarmed at ( আতঙ্কিত ) We were alarmed at he news.
- Escape by ( রক্ষা করা ) He escaped by a hair breadth.
- Achilles heel ( দুর্বলতা বা ত্রুটি ) He is trying to hide but everybody knows his achilles' heel
- till the cows come home ( অনেক সময় ধরে ) I could play outside till the cows come home
- In order to ( উদ্দেশ্য ) He came here in order to meet my mother.
- vile sycophant ( খঁয়ের খা )
- reap the harvest of sin ( কর্ম ভোগ করা )
- A rainy day ( দুর্দিন ) Everybody should save something for rainy day.