Learn English by Lessons
By And By vs GraduallyCommonly Confused Words
By and by means ‘after a short and/or undetermined period of time.’ Gradually refers to something happening in a gradual way; slowly; by degrees.
Before vs AgoCommonly Confused Words
Before refers to ‘at any time past now/then’ counting back from a past moment. Ago is used to refer a time expression to count back from the present.
At Present vs PresentlyCommonly Confused Words
At present means a moment or period in time which is not past and not future but between them. Presently also means “now” which is most often used with the present tense and presently in the use of future tense means ‘soon.'
Learn words by topics :
- Congratulate on ( অভিনন্দিত করা ) I congratulate you on your success.
- Talk of ( কথা বলা (কোন জিনিস) ) I am talking to (with) Mr. Roy of (about, over) the matter.
- Rest with ( নির্ভর করা ; বিশ্বাসস্থাপন করা ) The whole matter rests with you.
- Certain of ( নিশ্চিত ) He is now certain of his ground.
- Based on ( ভিত্তি থাকা ) Your remarks were not based on the facts.
- Aptitude for ( স্বাভাবিক দক্ষতা ) I have no aptitude for Mathematics.
- Take one to task ( তিরস্কার করা ) He was taken to task for negligence of duty.
- After all ( সবকিছু সত্ত্বেও ) After all, he is a patriot.
- Pros and cons ( খুঁটিনাটি ) You should consider the Pros and cons of the system.
- Fight shy ( এড়িয়ে চলা ) Why do you fight shy of your teacher.
- By no means ( কোন ভাবেই না ) I shall by no means call on him.
- At large ( স্বাধীন ) The anti-socials are still at large.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions