Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Abound with ( প্রচুর পরিমাণে থাকা ) The ocean abounds with fish.
- Engaged to ( বাগদত্ত ) Lila was engaged to him.
- Search for ( অনুসন্ধান ) Their search for the thing was of no avail.
- Interfere with ( হস্তক্ষেপ করা (ব্যক্তি) ) Do not interfere with me in my business.
- Inferior to ( নিকৃষ্ট ; হীন ) He is inferior to his neighbour.
- Proud of ( গর্বিত ) He is proud of his position.
- A rainy day ( দুর্দিন ) Everybody should save something for rainy day.
- queer go ( অদ্ভুত ব্যপার )
- In a hurry ( তাড়াহুড়ার মধ্যে ) Don't do the work in a hurry.
- Man of letters ( পন্ডিত লোক ) Sir Ashutosh Mukherjee was a man of letters.
- On the spur of the moment ( মুহুর্তের উত্তেজনায় ) He did it on the spur of the moment.
- At a low ebb ( নিম্নমুখী ) His fame is at a low ebb now.