Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Plead with ( ওকালতি করা (ব্যক্তি) ) I pleaded with him for justice.
- According to ( অনুসারে ) According to his order i went there.
- Attend upon ( সেবা করা ) She attends upon her mother.
- Responsible to ( দায়ী (প্রাধিকার) ) He is responsible to the committee for his action.
- Contrary to ( বিপরীত ) His action is contrary to his words.
- Enquire into ( অনুসন্ধান করা (কোন ব্যপার) ) He enquired of me into the matter.
- Out of sorts ( ঈষৎ অসুস্থ ) He is out of sorts now.
- Curry favour ( তোষামোদ করিয়ে প্রিয় হওয়া ) He knows how to curry favour with officers.
- Red letter day ( স্মরণীয় দিন ) The 21 February is a red letter day in the history of Bangladesh.
- in the doldrums ( উদাসীন ভাবাপন্ন )
- By chance ( দৈবাৎ ) I met him on the way by chance.
- Stick to ( দৃঢ়ভাবে লেগে থাকা ) He sticks to his decision.