Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Marry to ( বিবাহ দেওয়া ) He married his daughter to a rich man.
- Mad with ( উন্মাদ প্রায় ) He is mad with pain.
- Die from ( মারা যাওয়া (প্রতিক্রিয়া) ) He died form over-eating.
- Favourable for ( অনুকূল (কোনকিছু) ) This situation is favorable to me for doing this.
- Free from ( মুক্ত ) He is now free from danger.
- Anxious for ( উদ্বিগ্ন ) He is anxious for getting a job.
- Sink in ( আবদ্ধ হওয়া, ডুবে যাওয়া ) He sank in mud or the ship sank into the sea.
- Slow coach ( অলস প্রকৃতির লোক ) You cannot expect much from a slow coach like him.
- Flesh and blood ( রক্তমাংসের শরীর ) Flesh and blood cannot bear with such insults.
- slap on the wrist ( মৃদু শাস্তি ) Although he broke the rules, he was only given a slap on the wrist
- Three R's ( প্রাথমিক শিক্ষা ) The majority of our people have not yet learnt the three R's.
- In the mean time ( ইতিমধ্যে ) Lila will come here to-night. In the mean time you should get her room ready.