Learn English by Lessons
By And By vs GraduallyCommonly Confused Words
By and by means ‘after a short and/or undetermined period of time.’ Gradually refers to something happening in a gradual way; slowly; by degrees.
Before vs AgoCommonly Confused Words
Before refers to ‘at any time past now/then’ counting back from a past moment. Ago is used to refer a time expression to count back from the present.
At Present vs PresentlyCommonly Confused Words
At present means a moment or period in time which is not past and not future but between them. Presently also means “now” which is most often used with the present tense and presently in the use of future tense means ‘soon.'
Learn words by topics :
- Zest for ( অনুরাগ ) She has no zest for music.
- Bent on ( ঝোঁক ) He is bent on playing cricket.
- Aim at ( লক্ষ্য করা ) He aimed his gun at he bird.
- Look up ( শব্দার্থ খোঁজা ) Look up the word in the dictionary.
- Appetite for ( ক্ষুধা ) The patient has no appetite for food.
- Tolerant of ( সহিষ্ণু ) We must be tolerant of opposition.
- bunch of fives ( মুষ্টি ; পাঁচ আঙ্গুলের মুঠো ) Rock can break anything with his bunch of fives.
- In lieu of ( পরিবর্তে ) Give me this pen in lieu of that.
- From A to Z ( প্রথম হইতে শেষ পয্র্ন্ত ) The statement is true from A to Z.
- In no time ( শীঘ্র ) He will finish the work in no time.
- At stake ( বিপন্ন ) His life is at stake now.
- At a low ebb ( নিম্নমুখী ) His fame is at a low ebb now.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions