Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Complain to ( অভিযোগ করা (ব্যক্তি) ) The complained to the Director against the Manager about her behavior.
- Look into ( অনুসন্ধান করা ) I am looking into the matter.
- Rob of ( অপহরণ করা ) Somebody robbed him of his purse.
- Trust with ( বিশ্বাস করা (জিনিস) ) You may trust me with the work.
- Addicted to ( আসক্ত ) He is addicted to separate.
- Listen to ( শোনা ) Listen to the news on the radio.
- By fits and starts ( অনিয়মিত ; মাঝে মাঝে ) He works by fits and starts.
- Carry the day ( জয়লাভ করা ) Rajib, the best player of the school, carried the day in the annual sports.
- By all means ( সবর্প্রকার ) Try to do it by all means.
- Take to heart ( মর্মাহত হওয়া ) He took his remark to heart.
- tickled pink ( খুব খুশি করানো ) She was tickled pink by the good news.
- All but ( প্রায় ) The poor villagers are all but ruined.