Learn English by Lessons
By And By vs GraduallyCommonly Confused Words
By and by means ‘after a short and/or undetermined period of time.’ Gradually refers to something happening in a gradual way; slowly; by degrees.
Before vs AgoCommonly Confused Words
Before refers to ‘at any time past now/then’ counting back from a past moment. Ago is used to refer a time expression to count back from the present.
At Present vs PresentlyCommonly Confused Words
At present means a moment or period in time which is not past and not future but between them. Presently also means “now” which is most often used with the present tense and presently in the use of future tense means ‘soon.'
Learn words by topics :
- Pleased with ( সন্তুষ্ট ) I am pleased with him.
- Offensive to ( বিরক্তিকর ) This acrid smell is offensive to me.
- Involved in ( জড়িত ) He is involved in the plot.
- Famous for ( বিখ্যাত ) Radhanager is famous for the birth place of Raja Rammohan.
- Fatal to ( মারাত্মক ) he doctor's mistake proved fatal to his life.
- Fit for ( যোগ্য ) He is not fit for the job.
- Apple of discord ( বিবাদেয় বিষয় ) The paternal property has become an apple of discord between the two brothers.
- bad faith ( বিশ্বাসঘাতকতা )
- a rotten apple ( কোনো একটা দলের সব ভালোর মধ্যে খারাপ বা মন্দটা ) In any group of average citizens there are bound to be a few rotten apples.
- Above all ( প্রধানত ; সর্বোপরি ) We should be kind, polite, and above all honest.
- host in himself ( একাই একশ )
- From A to Z ( প্রথম হইতে শেষ পয্র্ন্ত ) The statement is true from A to Z.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions