Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Pass away ( মারা যাওয়া ) He passes away last night.
- Quarrel over ( কলহ করা (কোনকিছু) ) They quarreled with one another over the property.
- Interfere with ( হস্তক্ষেপ করা (ব্যক্তি) ) Do not interfere with me in my business.
- Look over ( পরীক্ষা করা ) He is looking over the answer papers.
- Careful of ( যত্নবান ) He is careful of his money.
- Vary from ( আলাদা হওয়া ) His opinion varies from his brother's.
- By hook or by crook ( যে কোন উপায়ে ) You must do this work by hook or by crook.
- At a low ebb ( নিম্নমুখী ) His fame is at a low ebb now.
- Man of letters ( পন্ডিত লোক ) Sir Ashutosh Mukherjee was a man of letters.
- Out of doors ( বাহিরে ) It is rather cold out of doors.
- blue blood ( অভিজাত বংশের রক্ত বহনকারী )
- Come off with flying colours ( জয়লাভ করা ) Our School team came off with flying colours.