Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Look into ( অনুসন্ধান করা ) I am looking into the matter.
- Envious of ( ঈর্ষান্বিত ) I am not envious of his riches.
- Involved in ( জড়িত ) He is involved in the plot.
- Aim at ( লক্ষ্য করা ) He aimed his gun at he bird.
- Complain against ( অভিযোগ করা (অন্য ব্যক্তি) ) The complained to the Director against the Manager about her behavior.
- Count for ( গণ্য হওয়া ) His advice counts for nothing.
- Sink in ( আবদ্ধ হওয়া, ডুবে যাওয়া ) He sank in mud or the ship sank into the sea.
- Come off with flying colours ( জয়লাভ করা ) Our School team came off with flying colours.
- By and by ( শীঘ্র ) He will come here by and by.
- host in himself ( একাই একশ )
- Stone's throw ( অতি নিকটে ) Our school is at a stone's throw form our house.
- End in smoke ( ব্যর্থ হওয়া ) All his plans ended in smoke.