Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Ill with ( অসুস্থ ) He is ill with fever.
- According to ( অনুসারে ) According to his order i went there.
- Proportionate to ( আনুপাতিক ) Punishment should be proportionate to offence.
- Rob of ( অপহরণ করা ) Somebody robbed him of his purse.
- Pity for ( করুণা ) Have pity for the poor.
- Pleased at ( সন্তুষ্ট (কোনকিছু) ) I am pleased at the news.
- Heart and soul ( সর্বান্তঃকরণে ) Try heard and soul and you will succeed.
- pulling your leg ( কৌতক করা ) Do not take it seriously, i was just pulling you leg
- bad shoot ( অসংগত অনুমান )
- Out of temper ( ক্রুদ্ধ ) He is out of temper now.
- In one's teens ( তের থেকে উনিশ বছর বয়সের মধ্যে ) She is yet in her teens.
- At arm’s length ( দূরে ) Try to keep the bad boy at arm’s length.