Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Pleased at ( সন্তুষ্ট (কোনকিছু) ) I am pleased at the news.
- Tide over ( অতিক্রম করা ) He will soon tide over the difficulty.
- Charge on or against ( অভিযোগ করা (ব্যক্তি) ) Theft was charged on (against) him.
- Adjacent to ( সংলগ্ন ) Her college is adjacent to her house.
- Lacking in ( অভাব আছে এমন ) He is lacking in courage.
- Composed of ( তৈরি ) Water is composed of Hydrogen and Oxygen.
- Bring to light ( প্রকাশ করা ) At last all the facts were brought to light.
- By hook or by crook ( যে কোন উপায়ে ) You must do this work by hook or by crook.
- bell the cat ( সর্তকতার জন্য বিড়ালের গলায় ঘন্টা বাধা ; কোন কাজ যেটা অর্জন করা কঠিন বা অসম্ভব ) Everybody is trying but who actually bell the cat?
- Breathe one's last ( মারা যাওয়া ) The old man breathed his last on Sunday last.
- under the weather ( ভাল না ; অসুস্থ ) I've been feeling under the weather
- clever hit ( কথার মতন কথা )