Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Respect of ( সম্বন্ধে ) He is junior to me in respect of service.
- Zeal for ( প্রবল উৎসাহ ) He has a zeal for social work.
- Apply to ( আবেদন করা (ব্যক্তি) ) He applied to he Secretary for the post.
- Wait for ( অপেক্ষা করা ) I waited for him for two hours.
- Alternative to ( বিকল্প ) This question is alternative to that.
- Interest in ( আগ্রহ ) He has a special interest in history.
- Bag and baggage ( তল্পিতল্পাসহ ) He left the place bag and baggage.
- Out of sorts ( ঈষৎ অসুস্থ ) He is out of sorts now.
- Out of temper ( ক্রুদ্ধ ) He is out of temper now.
- On the contrary ( বিপরীত পক্ষে ) I do not hate him: on the contrary I love him.
- At once finger ends ( নখদর্পণে ) All these facts are at his finger ends.
- Breathe one's last ( মারা যাওয়া ) The old man breathed his last on Sunday last.