Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Accustomed to ( অভ্যস্ত ) I am accustomed to such a life.
- Belong to ( অধিকারে থাকা ) This house is no more belongs to him.
- Escape from ( পলায়ন করা ) The prisoner escaped from the jail.
- Contrary to ( বিপরীত ) His action is contrary to his words.
- True to ( বিশ্বস্ত ) He is true to his master.
- Boast of ( গর্ব করা ) Do not boast of your wealth.
- Apple of discord ( বিবাদেয় বিষয় ) The paternal property has become an apple of discord between the two brothers.
- pulling your leg ( কৌতক করা ) Do not take it seriously, i was just pulling you leg
- By leaps and bounds ( অতি দ্রুতগতিতে ) The population of Bangladesh is increasing by leaps and bounds.
- Beat about the bush ( কাজের কথায় না এসে আজেবাজে কথা বলা ) Please come to the point without beating about the bush
- Dead of night ( মধ্য রাত্রি ) The robbers broke into the house at dead of night.
- Slip of the pen ( লেখায় অসতর্কতাবশতঃ সামান্য ভুল ) This mistake is due to a slip of the pen.