Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Sympathy for ( সহানুভূতি ) I have no sympathy for him.
- Opposite to ( বিপরীত ) Your idea is opposite to mine.
- Argue for ( যূক্তি দেখানো (কোন কিছু) ) I argued with him for the point.
- Familiar with ( সুপরিচিত ) He is familiar with my brother.
- Afraid of ( ভীত ) I am not afraid of ghosts.
- Favour with ( অনুগত করা ) Would you favour me with an early reply?
- Hold good ( প্রযুক্ত হওয়া ) This ruls will not hold good here.
- Square meal ( পেট ভরা আহার ) He is too poor to have a square meal every day.
- Cock and bull story ( গাঁজাখুরি গল্প ) Nobody will believe your cock and bull story
- bad faith ( বিশ্বাসঘাতকতা )
- At one’s own sweet will ( খুশি মতো ) He still does it at his own sweet will.
- By leaps and bounds ( অতি দ্রুতগতিতে ) The population of Bangladesh is increasing by leaps and bounds.