Learn English by Lessons
By And By vs GraduallyCommonly Confused Words
By and by means ‘after a short and/or undetermined period of time.’ Gradually refers to something happening in a gradual way; slowly; by degrees.
Before vs AgoCommonly Confused Words
Before refers to ‘at any time past now/then’ counting back from a past moment. Ago is used to refer a time expression to count back from the present.
At Present vs PresentlyCommonly Confused Words
At present means a moment or period in time which is not past and not future but between them. Presently also means “now” which is most often used with the present tense and presently in the use of future tense means ‘soon.'
Learn words by topics :
- Admit into ( প্রবেশাধিকার দেওয়া ) He was admitted into the room.
- Differ on ( ভিন্ন মত হওয়া (ব্যপার) ) I differ with you on this point.
- Obstacle to ( বাধা ) Poverty is often obstacle to higher studies.
- Lacking in ( অভাব আছে এমন ) He is lacking in courage.
- Hanker after ( লালায়িত হওয়া ) Do not hanker after wealth.
- Superior to ( উৎকৃষ্টতর ) This type of rice is superior to that.
- In a nut shell ( খুব সংক্ষেপে ) Tell the story in a nut shell.
- reap the harvest of sin ( কর্ম ভোগ করা )
- know from a bare hint ( এক আঁচরেই বোঝা )
- pound of flesh ( এক চুল এদিক ওদিক নয় )
- Hush money ( ঘুষ ) He offered a hush money to suppress the murder.
- Fall flat ( ফলপ্রসূ না হওয়া ) My advice feel fiat on him.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions