Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Agree with ( একমত হওয়া (ব্যক্তি) ) I agree with you on this point
- Informed of ( অবহিত ) I was not informed of your misfortune.
- Supply with ( যোগান দেওয়া (কোন জিনিস) ) He supplied us with food.
- Hunger for ( তীব্র আকাঙ্খা ) His hunger for knowledge surprised us.
- Sure of ( নিশ্চিত ) I am sure of success.
- Impose on ( চাপানো ) The task was imposed on him.
- By the by ( প্রসঙ্গক্রমে ) By the by I came to know that he was ill.
- Fall flat ( ফলপ্রসূ না হওয়া ) My advice feel fiat on him.
- Cut a sorry figure ( খারাপ ফল করা ) He cuts a sorry figure in the examination.
- a rotten apple ( কোনো একটা দলের সব ভালোর মধ্যে খারাপ বা মন্দটা ) In any group of average citizens there are bound to be a few rotten apples.
- All but ( প্রায় ) The poor villagers are all but ruined.
- From A to Z ( প্রথম হইতে শেষ পয্র্ন্ত ) The statement is true from A to Z.