Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Think over ( চিন্তা করা (কোনকিছু) ) Think carefully over his advice.
- Officiate in ( পরিবর্তে কাজ করা (পদ) ) He officiated for me in that post.
- Equal to ( সমতুল্য (কাজ) ) He rose equal to the occasion.
- Affectionate to ( স্নেহশীল ) He is affectionate to me.
- Certain of ( নিশ্চিত ) He is now certain of his ground.
- Favourable for ( অনুকূল (কোনকিছু) ) This situation is favorable to me for doing this.
- be on ones back ( একেবারে কুপোকাত )
- At bay ( কোনঠাসা ) The tiger was at bay in the bush.
- Do yeoman's service ( বিশেষ উপকার করা ) Raja Rammohan Roy has done yeoman's service to our country.
- Heart and soul ( সর্বান্তঃকরণে ) Try heard and soul and you will succeed.
- Fish out of water ( অস্বস্তিকর অবস্থায় ) When he came to the village, he felt like a fish out of water.
- Bone of contention ( বিবাদের বিষয় ) The paternal property is the bone of contention between the two brothers.