Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Jump to ( তাড়াহুড়ো করে সিদ্ধান্তে আসা ) Do not jump to a conclusion without much thinking.
- Argue for ( যূক্তি দেখানো (কোন কিছু) ) I argued with him for the point.
- Conscious of ( সচেতন ) He is conscious of his weakness.
- Superior to ( উৎকৃষ্টতর ) This type of rice is superior to that.
- Sympathy for ( সহানুভূতি ) I have no sympathy for him.
- Kind of ( প্রকার ) What kind of paper is it?
- Carry the day ( জয়লাভ করা ) Rajib, the best player of the school, carried the day in the annual sports.
- On the wane ( হ্রাসমান ) His fame is on the wane now.
- Set free ( মুক্ত করা ) The prisoners were set free.
- Beat about the bush ( কাজের কথায় না এসে আজেবাজে কথা বলা ) Please come to the point without beating about the bush
- Steer clear of ( এড়াইয়া চলা ) You must steer clear of evil company.
- At all events ( যাই ঘটুক সব ক্ষেত্রেই ) I shall stand by him at all events.