Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Agree with ( একমত হওয়া (ব্যক্তি) ) I agree with you on this point
- Affectionate to ( স্নেহশীল ) He is affectionate to me.
- Disgrace to ( কলঙ্ক ) He is disgrace to his family.
- Admit into ( প্রবেশাধিকার দেওয়া ) He was admitted into the room.
- Endowed with ( ভূষিত ) He is endowed with talents.
- Sick of ( পীড়িত, ক্লান্ত ) He is sick for home.
- Now and then ( মাঝে মাঝে ) He comes here now and then.
- Build castles in the air ( আকাশ কুসুম চিন্তা করা ) Don't idle away your time in building castles in the air.
- Take one to task ( তিরস্কার করা ) He was taken to task for negligence of duty.
- As usual ( যথারীতি ) He is late as usual.
- Bone of contention ( বিবাদের বিষয় ) The paternal property is the bone of contention between the two brothers.
- At arm’s length ( দূরে ) Try to keep the bad boy at arm’s length.