Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Anxious about ( উদ্বিগ্ন ) I am anxious about my health.
- Differ on ( ভিন্ন মত হওয়া (ব্যপার) ) I differ with you on this point.
- Rob of ( অপহরণ করা ) Somebody robbed him of his purse.
- Apply to ( আবেদন করা (ব্যক্তি) ) He applied to he Secretary for the post.
- Provide against ( পূর্বে ব্যবস্থা করা ; সরবরাহ করা ) You must provide against evil days for your children.
- Equal to ( সমতুল্য (কাজ) ) He rose equal to the occasion.
- As usual ( যথারীতি ) He is late as usual.
- Lion's share ( সিংহভাগ ) He took the lion's share of the profit.
- Set free ( মুক্ত করা ) The prisoners were set free.
- At one’s own sweet will ( খুশি মতো ) He still does it at his own sweet will.
- Out of doors ( বাহিরে ) It is rather cold out of doors.
- Call in question ( সন্দেহ করা ) No one can call his honesty in question.