Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Proportionate to ( আনুপাতিক ) Punishment should be proportionate to offence.
- Delight in ( আনন্দ ) He takes delight in music.
- Warn of ( সতর্ক করা ) He warned me of the danger.
- Think of ( চিন্তা করা (ব্যক্তি) ) What do you think of (about) him?
- Burst into ( ভেঙ্গে পড়া ) He burst into tears at the sad news
- Rely on ( নির্ভর করা ) You can rely on him.
- As it were ( যেন ) The sun is, as it were , the lamp of the universe.
- Achilles heel ( দুর্বলতা বা ত্রুটি ) He is trying to hide but everybody knows his achilles' heel
- Out of the wood ( বিপদমুক্ত ) He is not yet out of the wood.
- At stake ( বিপন্ন ) His life is at stake now.
- Take to heart ( মর্মাহত হওয়া ) He took his remark to heart.
- Fight shy ( এড়িয়ে চলা ) Why do you fight shy of your teacher.