Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Escape from ( পলায়ন করা ) The prisoner escaped from the jail.
- Certain of ( নিশ্চিত ) He is now certain of his ground.
- Lame of ( খোঁড়া ) He is lame of one leg.
- Proud of ( গর্বিত ) He is proud of his position.
- Replace with another ( পরিবর্তন করা (একটি জিনিস) ) Replace this chair with new one.
- Engaged with ( নিযুক্ত (ব্যক্তি) ) I was engaged with him in talk.
- At bay ( কোনঠাসা ) The tiger was at bay in the bush.
- Red letter day ( স্মরণীয় দিন ) The 21 February is a red letter day in the history of Bangladesh.
- At all events ( যাই ঘটুক সব ক্ষেত্রেই ) I shall stand by him at all events.
- Big gun ( নেতৃস্থানীয় ব্যক্তি ) He is a big gun of our locality.
- live by ones wit ( কথা বেচে খাওয়া )
- Of course ( অবশ্যই ) Of course, you know what that means