Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Interfere in ( হস্তক্ষেপ করা (কোন ব্যপার) ) Do not interfere in my job.
- Informed of ( অবহিত ) I was not informed of your misfortune.
- Divert from ( অন্যদিকে নেওয়া ) The loud music diverted my attention from study.
- Smell of ( গন্ধ দেয় ) This glass smells of wine.
- Trust to ( বিশ্বাস করা (ব্যক্তি) ) You may trust the work to me.
- Die in ( মারা যাওয়া (শান্তি) ) Let me die in peace.
- At arm’s length ( দূরে ) Try to keep the bad boy at arm’s length.
- Fish in a troubled water ( এলোমোলো অবস্থায় সুযোগ নেওয়া ) He made a lot of money by fishing in a troubled water.
- Come off with flying colours ( জয়লাভ করা ) Our School team came off with flying colours.
- For good ( চিরকালের জন্য ) He left the country for good.
- In vain ( বৃথা ) All his attempts were in vain.
- Fish out of water ( অস্বস্তিকর অবস্থায় ) When he came to the village, he felt like a fish out of water.