Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Contrary to ( বিপরীত ) His action is contrary to his words.
- Deal in ( ব্যবসা করা ) He deals in rice.
- Encroach on ( অনধিকার প্রবেশ করা ) Do not encroach on my land.
- Abide by ( মেনে চলা ) One should abide by the rules
- Quarrel for ( কলহ করা (কোনকিছু) ) They quarreled with one another for the property.
- Wonder at ( অবাক হওয়া ) I wonder at his ignorance.
- in the doldrums ( উদাসীন ভাবাপন্ন )
- A bed of roses ( সুখ-স্বাচ্ছন্দ্যপূর্ণ জীবন ) Many people think that life is a bed of roses
- by dint of ( ফলে (সাধারণত বল প্রয়োগের ফলে) )
- Slip of the tongue ( বলায় সামান্য ভুল ) This is a slip of the tongue, don't lay much stress on it.
- Cut to the quick ( মর্মাহত হওয়া ) I was cut to the quick by his words.
- Null and void ( বাতিল ) The deed has been null and void now.