Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Envy of ( ঈর্ষা ) I have no envy of him.
- Desire for ( ইচ্ছা ) He has no desire for fame.
- Pleased with ( সন্তুষ্ট ) I am pleased with him.
- Loyal to ( বিশ্বস্ত ) He is loyal to his master.
- Prefer to ( অধিক পছন্দ করা ) I prefer coffee to tea.
- Unite with ( ঐক্যবদ্ধ হওয়া ) Be united with your friends.
- Do yeoman's service ( বিশেষ উপকার করা ) Raja Rammohan Roy has done yeoman's service to our country.
- bad shoot ( অসংগত অনুমান )
- Slow coach ( অলস প্রকৃতির লোক ) You cannot expect much from a slow coach like him.
- pulling your leg ( কৌতক করা ) Do not take it seriously, i was just pulling you leg
- On the contrary ( বিপরীত পক্ষে ) I do not hate him: on the contrary I love him.
- At a loss ( হতবু্দ্ধি ; কিংকর্তব্যবিমূঢ় ) He was at a loss and did not know what to do.