Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Pride on ( গর্ব করা ) He prides himself on his high birth.
- Stare at ( একদৃষ্টিতে তাকানো ) She stared at me.
- Deaf of ( বধির ) He is deaf of one ear.
- Loyal to ( বিশ্বস্ত ) He is loyal to his master.
- Obstacle to ( বাধা ) Poverty is often obstacle to higher studies.
- Free from ( মুক্ত ) He is now free from danger.
- bell the cat ( সর্তকতার জন্য বিড়ালের গলায় ঘন্টা বাধা ; কোন কাজ যেটা অর্জন করা কঠিন বা অসম্ভব ) Everybody is trying but who actually bell the cat?
- Bosom friend ( অন্তরঙ্গ বন্ধু ) Rifat is my bosom friend.
- pulling your leg ( কৌতক করা ) Do not take it seriously, i was just pulling you leg
- Big gun ( নেতৃস্থানীয় ব্যক্তি ) He is a big gun of our locality.
- End in smoke ( ব্যর্থ হওয়া ) All his plans ended in smoke.
- by dint of ( ফলে (সাধারণত বল প্রয়োগের ফলে) )