Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Encroach on ( অনধিকার প্রবেশ করা ) Do not encroach on my land.
- Count upon ( নির্ভর করা ) I count upon your help for this work.
- Die for ( মারা যাওয়া (কারণ) ) He died for his country.
- Compare with ( তুলনা করা (সদৃশ বস্তু) ) Rabindranath may be compared with Shakespeare.
- Displeased with ( অসন্তুষ্ট ) I am displeased with him at his conduct.
- Free from ( মুক্ত ) He is now free from danger.
- Out of order ( বিকল ) This car is out of order.
- Cats and dogs ( মূষল ধারে ) It was raining cats and dogs.
- Dead of night ( মধ্য রাত্রি ) The robbers broke into the house at dead of night.
- Take to heart ( মর্মাহত হওয়া ) He took his remark to heart.
- loose cannon ( অপ্রত্যাশিত ) He is a bit of a loose cannon.
- Crying need ( জরুরী প্রয়োজন ) Mass education is the crying need of Bangladesh.