Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Proportionate to ( আনুপাতিক ) Punishment should be proportionate to offence.
- Plead with ( ওকালতি করা (ব্যক্তি) ) I pleaded with him for justice.
- Fond of ( অনুরাগী ) Children are fond of sweets.
- Liable to ( দায়ী ) He is liable to fine for his misconduct.
- Persist in ( লেগে থাকা ) He persisted in disturbing me.
- Offended with ( বিরক্ত (ব্যক্তি) ) I am offended with you at your conduct.
- Lame excuse ( বাজে গুজব ) This lame excuse will to do.
- be on ones back ( একেবারে কুপোকাত )
- have a bad time ( দুশ্চিন্তায় কাল কাটানো ; দুঃসময়ে পড়া )
- Household word ( সকলের পরিচিত নাম ) Mother Teresa's name has now become a household word.
- In no time ( শীঘ্র ) He will finish the work in no time.
- At all ( আদৌ ) He does not know French at all.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions