Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Zest for ( অনুরাগ ) She has no zest for music.
- Depend on ( নির্ভর করা ) Success depends on hard work.
- Inquire about ( অনুসন্ধান করা (কোন ব্যপার) ) I inquired of him about (into) the matter.
- Send for ( ডেকে পাঠানো ) Send for a doctor immediately.
- Tide over ( অতিক্রম করা ) He will soon tide over the difficulty.
- Appeal to ( আবেদন করা (ব্যক্তি) ) He appealed to the Headmaster for pardon.
- vile sycophant ( খঁয়ের খা )
- Call a spade a spade ( অপ্রিয় সত্য কথা বলা ) I have no hesitation to call a spade a spade.
- Nip in the bud ( অঙ্কুরে বিনষ্ট করা ) All his hopes were nipped in the bud.
- Part and parcel ( অবিচ্ছেদ্য অংশ ) Discipline is part and parcel of administration.
- feather ones nest ( কাজ গুছিয়ে নেওয়া )
- Weal and woe ( সুখ-দুঃখ ) Human life is full of weal and woe.