Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Prefer to ( অধিক পছন্দ করা ) I prefer coffee to tea.
- Absorbed in ( নিবিষ্ট ; মগ্ন ) Scientist is absorbed in experiment
- Rich in ( সম্পদশালী ) Bangladesh is rich in minerals.
- Composed of ( তৈরি ) Water is composed of Hydrogen and Oxygen.
- Ambition for ( উচ্চাকাঙ্খা ) He has no ambition for fame in life.
- Superior to ( উৎকৃষ্টতর ) This type of rice is superior to that.
- have a bad time ( দুশ্চিন্তায় কাল কাটানো ; দুঃসময়ে পড়া )
- Slip of the tongue ( বলায় সামান্য ভুল ) This is a slip of the tongue, don't lay much stress on it.
- breathe out ( নিঃশ্বাস ত্যাগ করা ) At last, he breathed his last breath out, and that was the end.
- On the wane ( হ্রাসমান ) His fame is on the wane now.
- Hard nut to crack ( কঠিন সমস্যা ) The problem of adult education is really a hard nut to crack.
- Breathe one's last ( মারা যাওয়া ) The old man breathed his last on Sunday last.