Learn English by Lessons
By And By vs GraduallyCommonly Confused Words
By and by means ‘after a short and/or undetermined period of time.’ Gradually refers to something happening in a gradual way; slowly; by degrees.
Before vs AgoCommonly Confused Words
Before refers to ‘at any time past now/then’ counting back from a past moment. Ago is used to refer a time expression to count back from the present.
At Present vs PresentlyCommonly Confused Words
At present means a moment or period in time which is not past and not future but between them. Presently also means “now” which is most often used with the present tense and presently in the use of future tense means ‘soon.'
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Entitled to ( অধিকারী ) He is entitled to a reward for his honesty.
- Absent from ( অনুপস্থিত ) Rifat was absent from college.
- Addicted to ( আসক্ত ) He is addicted to separate.
- Cope with ( সামলানো ) I cannot cope with the situation.
- Grateful for ( কৃতজ্ঞ (কোনকিছু) ) I am grateful to you for your help.
- Look for ( খোঁজা ) I am looking for a good job.
- Fish in a troubled water ( এলোমোলো অবস্থায় সুযোগ নেওয়া ) He made a lot of money by fishing in a troubled water.
- Come off with flying colours ( জয়লাভ করা ) Our School team came off with flying colours.
- In black and white ( লিখিতভাবে ) Put down the statement in black and white.
- After all ( সবকিছু সত্ত্বেও ) After all, he is a patriot.
- Far and wide ( সর্বত্র ) His fame as a scholar spread far and wide
- Call in question ( সন্দেহ করা ) No one can call his honesty in question.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions