Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Add to ( যোগ করা ) Add this to that.
- Admit of ( স্বীকৃতি পাওয়া ) Your conduct admits of no excuse.
- Render into ( অনুবাদ করা ) Render the passage into Hindi.
- Zest for ( অনুরাগ ) She has no zest for music.
- Dedicate to ( উৎসর্গ করা ) This book is dedicated to his father.
- Famous for ( বিখ্যাত ) Radhanager is famous for the birth place of Raja Rammohan.
- Cock and bull story ( গাঁজাখুরি গল্প ) Nobody will believe your cock and bull story
- know from a bare hint ( এক আঁচরেই বোঝা )
- Turn down ( প্রত্যাখান করা ) He turned down my proposal.
- At all ( আদৌ ) He does not know French at all.
- Household word ( সকলের পরিচিত নাম ) Mother Teresa's name has now become a household word.
- In order to ( উদ্দেশ্য ) He came here in order to meet my mother.