Learn English by Lessons
By And By vs GraduallyCommonly Confused Words
By and by means ‘after a short and/or undetermined period of time.’ Gradually refers to something happening in a gradual way; slowly; by degrees.
Before vs AgoCommonly Confused Words
Before refers to ‘at any time past now/then’ counting back from a past moment. Ago is used to refer a time expression to count back from the present.
At Present vs PresentlyCommonly Confused Words
At present means a moment or period in time which is not past and not future but between them. Presently also means “now” which is most often used with the present tense and presently in the use of future tense means ‘soon.'
Learn words by topics :
- Prompt at ( চটপটে (ব্যক্তিত্ব) ) He is prompt at figures.
- Made of ( তৈরি ) This ring is made of gold.
- Proud of ( গর্বিত ) He is proud of his position.
- Free from ( মুক্ত ) He is now free from danger.
- Accustomed to ( অভ্যস্ত ) I am accustomed to such a life.
- Vain of ( অহঙ্কারী ) She is vain of her beauty.
- Birds eye view ( মোটামোটি ধারণা ; এক নজর ) He took a bird’s eye view of the flood-stricken area from an aeroplane.
- All but ( প্রায় ) The poor villagers are all but ruined.
- ABC ( প্রাথমিক জ্ঞান ) Everybody must know at least the ABC of religion.
- At sixes and sevens ( বিশৃঙ্খলা অবস্থায় ) All the furniture in the room were at sixes and sevens.
- By leaps and bounds ( অতি দ্রুতগতিতে ) The population of Bangladesh is increasing by leaps and bounds.
- At one’s own sweet will ( খুশি মতো ) He still does it at his own sweet will.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions