Bangla Academy Dictionary:
Related Phrase, Idioms or a. prep.:
Share 'plea' with others:
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Ignorant of ( অজ্ঞ ) He is ignorant of this rule.
- Blush with (for) ( লজ্জায় রাঙা হওয়া ) She blushed with shame.
- Consist of ( গঠিত হওয়া ) This class consists of fifty boys and thirty girls.
- Comply with ( মেনে নেওয়া ) I shall comply with your request.
- Play on ( বাজানো ) He played on guitar.
- Superior to ( উৎকৃষ্টতর ) This type of rice is superior to that.
- By hook or by crook ( যে কোন উপায়ে ) You must do this work by hook or by crook.
- Red letter day ( স্মরণীয় দিন ) The 21 February is a red letter day in the history of Bangladesh.
- By no means ( কোন ভাবেই না ) I shall by no means call on him.
- In force ( বলবৎ ) This law is in force now.
- At once back and call ( বাধ্য ) He is always at my back and call.
- Flesh and blood ( রক্তমাংসের শরীর ) Flesh and blood cannot bear with such insults.