Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Lack of ( অভাব ) I have no lack of friends.
- Restrict to ( সীমাবব্ধ করা ) Admission was restricted to students.
- Object to ( আপত্তি করা ) He objected to my proposal.
- Deal with ( ব্যবহার করা ) He deals well with the customers.
- Occupied with ( নিয়োজিত (কাজ) ) He is occupied with his studies.
- Accused of ( অভিযুক্ত ) He is accused of corruption.
- At one’s wit’s end ( হতবুদ্ধি ) He was at his wit’s end and did not know what to do.
- Out of date ( অপ্রচলিত ) This fashion is now out of date.
- Burning question ( তীব্র বিতর্কের বিষয় ) The problem of the dowry system is the burning question of the day.
- Dead against ( তীব্র বিরোধী ) I am dead against his proposal.
- pulling your leg ( কৌতক করা ) Do not take it seriously, i was just pulling you leg
- Beggar description ( বর্ণনাতীত ) The beauty of the Taj beggars description.