Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Favourable to ( অনুকূল (ব্যক্তি) ) This situation is favourable to me for doing this.
- Compete for ( প্রতিযোগিতা করা (কোন কিছু) ) He competed for the first position.
- True to ( বিশ্বস্ত ) He is true to his master.
- Zeal for ( প্রবল উৎসাহ ) He has a zeal for social work.
- Divert from ( অন্যদিকে নেওয়া ) The loud music diverted my attention from study.
- Conscious of ( সচেতন ) He is conscious of his weakness.
- In the long run ( পরিশেষে ) You will have to suffer in the long run.
- Hush money ( ঘুষ ) He offered a hush money to suppress the murder.
- reinvent the wheel ( এমন কোনকিছু তৈরিতে সময় নষ্ট করা যা বর্তমানে বিদ্যমান ও ঠিকঠাক কাজ করে ) There's no point in us reinventing the wheel
- Steer clear of ( এড়াইয়া চলা ) You must steer clear of evil company.
- Turn over a new leaf ( নূতনের সূচনা ) After his failure he turned over a new leaf.
- Household word ( সকলের পরিচিত নাম ) Mother Teresa's name has now become a household word.