Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Partial to ( পক্ষপাত দুষ্ট ) He is partial to his son.
- End in ( শেষ হওয়া ) All his plans ended in smoke.
- Fond of ( অনুরাগী ) Children are fond of sweets.
- Capable to ( সক্ষম ) He is capable of doing this alone.
- Rich in ( সম্পদশালী ) Bangladesh is rich in minerals.
- Apply for ( আবেদন করা (কোন কিছু) ) He applied to the Secretary for the post.
- Household word ( সকলের পরিচিত নাম ) Mother Teresa's name has now become a household word.
- By no means ( কোন ভাবেই না ) I shall by no means call on him.
- At large ( স্বাধীন ) The anti-socials are still at large.
- be up and doing ( উঠে-পড়ে লাগা )
- A rainy day ( দুর্দিন ) Everybody should save something for rainy day.
- reinvent the wheel ( এমন কোনকিছু তৈরিতে সময় নষ্ট করা যা বর্তমানে বিদ্যমান ও ঠিকঠাক কাজ করে ) There's no point in us reinventing the wheel
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions