Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Offend against ( লঙ্গন করা ) You have offended against good manners.
- Ill with ( অসুস্থ ) He is ill with fever.
- Agree with ( একমত হওয়া (ব্যক্তি) ) I agree with you on this point
- Agree to ( একমত হওয়া (প্রস্তাব) ) I can't agree to the proposals.
- Dull of ( বোধশক্তিহীন ) He is dull of understanding.
- Delight in ( আনন্দ ) He takes delight in music.
- Ins and outs ( খুঁটিনাটি সব কিছু ) I know the ins and outs of the matter.
- On the spur of the moment ( মুহুর্তের উত্তেজনায় ) He did it on the spur of the moment.
- bad debts ( অশোধ্য বা অনাদায়ী ঋন ; যে ঋন শোধ করা যাবে না )
- Lame excuse ( বাজে গুজব ) This lame excuse will to do.
- Wild goose chase ( পন্ডশ্রম ) Do not waste time in wild goose chase.
- set a naught ( কলা দেখানো )