Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Late in ( দেরি ) Why are you so late in coming?
- Differ from ( ভিন্নরূপ হওয়া ) This thing differs from that.
- Depend on ( নির্ভর করা ) Success depends on hard work.
- Eligible for ( যোগ্য ) He is eligible for the post.
- Search for ( অনুসন্ধান ) Their search for the thing was of no avail.
- Partiality for ( পক্ষপাত দুষ্ট ) He has no Partiality for his son.
- Nip in the bud ( অঙ্কুরে বিনষ্ট করা ) All his hopes were nipped in the bud.
- cringing flatterer ( খঁয়ের খা )
- Moot point ( অমীমাংসিত বিষয় ) Dowry system is still a moot point in Bangladesh.
- Make both ends meet ( আয়ব্যয় মেলানো ) I cannot make both ends meet with my small income.
- Fight shy ( এড়িয়ে চলা ) Why do you fight shy of your teacher.
- Far and wide ( সর্বত্র ) His fame as a scholar spread far and wide