Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Attach to ( জুড়ে দেওয়া ) Attach this file to the email.
- Offended with ( বিরক্ত (ব্যক্তি) ) I am offended with you at your conduct.
- Make for ( অগ্রসর হওয়া ) The ship made for England.
- Pleased with ( সন্তুষ্ট ) I am pleased with him.
- Escape by ( রক্ষা করা ) He escaped by a hair breadth.
- Proud of ( গর্বিত ) He is proud of his position.
- Call in question ( সন্দেহ করা ) No one can call his honesty in question.
- Lion's share ( সিংহভাগ ) He took the lion's share of the profit.
- Slip of the pen ( লেখায় অসতর্কতাবশতঃ সামান্য ভুল ) This mistake is due to a slip of the pen.
- Take to one's heels ( ছুটিয়া পালানো ) The thieves took to their heels to see the police.
- Irony of fate ( ভাগ্যের পরিহাস ) He could not succeed by irony of fate.
- Black sheep ( কুলাঙ্গার ) He is a black sheep in his family.