Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Care of ( যত্ন নেওয়া ) Take care of your health.
- False to ( মিথ্যাবাদী ) I cannot be false to my friend.
- Prior to ( পূর্বে ) Prior to that, he was in a wretched condition.
- Hanker after ( লালায়িত হওয়া ) Do not hanker after wealth.
- Open at ( উন্মুক্ত করা বা খোলা ) Open at page 20 of English book.
- Contribute to ( দান হিসাবে দেওয়া ) He contributed one thousand taka to the Flood Relief Fund.
- By leaps and bounds ( অতি দ্রুতগতিতে ) The population of Bangladesh is increasing by leaps and bounds.
- A bed of roses thorns ( কন্টকময় জীবন ) Life is nothing but a bed of roses.
- Dead of night ( মধ্য রাত্রি ) The robbers broke into the house at dead of night.
- Fish in a troubled water ( এলোমোলো অবস্থায় সুযোগ নেওয়া ) He made a lot of money by fishing in a troubled water.
- be on ones back ( একেবারে কুপোকাত )
- Fall flat ( ফলপ্রসূ না হওয়া ) My advice feel fiat on him.