Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Consist of ( গঠিত হওয়া ) This class consists of fifty boys and thirty girls.
- Pretend to ( ভান করা ) He does not pretend to high birth.
- Dislike for ( অপছন্দ ) He has dislike for dogs.
- Parallel to ( সমান্তরাল ) This line is parallel to that.
- Guilty of ( দোষী ) He is guilty of murder.
- Different from ( পৃথক ) This book is different from that.
- clever hit ( কথার মতন কথা )
- pulling your leg ( কৌতক করা ) Do not take it seriously, i was just pulling you leg
- On the whole ( মোটের উপর ) On the whole, his conduct is good.
- Burning question ( তীব্র বিতর্কের বিষয় ) The problem of the dowry system is the burning question of the day.
- At large ( স্বাধীন ) The anti-socials are still at large.
- Dead against ( তীব্র বিরোধী ) I am dead against his proposal.