Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Opportunity for ( সুযোগ ) I have no opportunity for (of) doing the work.
- Control over ( নিয়ন্ত্রণ ) He has no control over his brother.
- Limited to ( সীমাবদ্ধ ) Invitation was limited to members only.
- Admit of ( স্বীকৃতি পাওয়া ) Your conduct admits of no excuse.
- Involved in ( জড়িত ) He is involved in the plot.
- Inferior to ( নিকৃষ্ট ; হীন ) He is inferior to his neighbour.
- Call to mind ( স্মরণ করা ) I cannot call to mind your name.
- bell the cat ( সর্তকতার জন্য বিড়ালের গলায় ঘন্টা বাধা ; কোন কাজ যেটা অর্জন করা কঠিন বা অসম্ভব ) Everybody is trying but who actually bell the cat?
- queer go ( অদ্ভুত ব্যপার )
- At one’s own sweet will ( খুশি মতো ) He still does it at his own sweet will.
- Hold water ( ধোপে টেকা ; কার্যকরি হওয়া ) This policy will not hold water in this situation.
- Breathe one's last ( মারা যাওয়া ) The old man breathed his last on Sunday last.