Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Fit for ( যোগ্য ) He is not fit for the job.
- Resign to ( আত্মসমর্পন করা (স্বয়ং) ) I resigned myself to fate
- Opposite to ( বিপরীত ) Your idea is opposite to mine.
- Arrive at ( পৌঁছানো ) We arrived at the station in time.
- Dislike for ( অপছন্দ ) He has dislike for dogs.
- Control over ( নিয়ন্ত্রণ ) He has no control over his brother.
- By hook or by crook ( যে কোন উপায়ে ) You must do this work by hook or by crook.
- From hand to mouth ( দিন আনে দিন খায় ) The poor man lives form hand to mouth.
- Fight shy ( এড়িয়ে চলা ) Why do you fight shy of your teacher.
- Null and void ( বাতিল ) The deed has been null and void now.
- the exact point ( কাঁটায়-কাঁটায় )
- On the spur of the moment ( মুহুর্তের উত্তেজনায় ) He did it on the spur of the moment.