Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Attend upon ( সেবা করা ) She attends upon her mother.
- Anxious for ( উদ্বিগ্ন ) He is anxious for getting a job.
- Adjacent to ( সংলগ্ন ) Her college is adjacent to her house.
- Remind of ( মনে করিয়ে দেওয়া (কোনকিছু) ) I reminded him of his promise.
- Escape by ( রক্ষা করা ) He escaped by a hair breadth.
- Junior to ( নিম্নপদস্থ ; বয়সে কম ) He is junior to me in service.
- Slip of the pen ( লেখায় অসতর্কতাবশতঃ সামান্য ভুল ) This mistake is due to a slip of the pen.
- On the spur of the moment ( মুহুর্তের উত্তেজনায় ) He did it on the spur of the moment.
- Up and downs ( উন্থানপতন ) There are ups and downs in a man's life.
- Part and parcel ( অবিচ্ছেদ্য অংশ ) Discipline is part and parcel of administration.
- Fight shy ( এড়িয়ে চলা ) Why do you fight shy of your teacher.
- To the letter ( অক্ষরে অক্ষরে ) He followed my advice to the letter.