Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Different from ( পৃথক ) This book is different from that.
- Accustomed to ( অভ্যস্ত ) I am accustomed to such a life.
- Trust with ( বিশ্বাস করা (জিনিস) ) You may trust me with the work.
- Junior to ( নিম্নপদস্থ ; বয়সে কম ) He is junior to me in service.
- Grateful for ( কৃতজ্ঞ (কোনকিছু) ) I am grateful to you for your help.
- Pass away ( মারা যাওয়া ) He passes away last night.
- At bay ( কোনঠাসা ) The tiger was at bay in the bush.
- To the letter ( অক্ষরে অক্ষরে ) He followed my advice to the letter.
- Come to light ( প্রকাশিত হওয়া ) Their private talk has come to light at last.
- Slip of the tongue ( বলায় সামান্য ভুল ) This is a slip of the tongue, don't lay much stress on it.
- Household word ( সকলের পরিচিত নাম ) Mother Teresa's name has now become a household word.
- A bolt from the blue ( সম্পূর্ন অপ্রত্যাশিত ) The news of his father's death came to him as a bolt from the blue.