Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Slow of ( ধীর ) He is slow of speech. He is slow at figures. He is slow in writing.
- Heir to ( উত্তরাধিকারী (সম্পত্তি) ) He is the heir to his uncle’s property.
- Tell upon ( ক্ষতি করা ) Over-eating tells upon health.
- Useful for ( প্রয়োজনীয় (উদ্দেশ্য) ) This book is useful to us for examination.
- Yield to ( আত্মসমর্পণ করা ) He Yielded to his enemy.
- Accustomed to ( অভ্যস্ত ) I am accustomed to such a life.
- At random ( বেপরোয়া ; এলোমেলো ) He hit the ball at random.
- By and large ( প্রধানতঃ ) People in our village are by and large farmers.
- Sink in ( আবদ্ধ হওয়া, ডুবে যাওয়া ) He sank in mud or the ship sank into the sea.
- Slip of the pen ( লেখায় অসতর্কতাবশতঃ সামান্য ভুল ) This mistake is due to a slip of the pen.
- Dead against ( তীব্র বিরোধী ) I am dead against his proposal.
- By chance ( দৈবাৎ ) I met him on the way by chance.