Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Mad with ( উন্মাদ প্রায় ) He is mad with pain.
- Vary from ( আলাদা হওয়া ) His opinion varies from his brother's.
- Capacity for ( যোগ্যতা ) He has a capacity for hard work.
- Confined in ( আবদ্ধ (কক্ষ) ) He is confined in a room for five days.
- Displeased at ( অসন্তুষ্ট ) I am displeased with him at his conduct.
- Qualified for ( যোগ্য ) He is qualified for the post.
- End in smoke ( ব্যর্থ হওয়া ) All his plans ended in smoke.
- walk in someone shoes ( কারো অভিজ্ঞতা বা অবস্থানে থাকা বোঝায় ) When you walk in my shoes, you might understand.
- blue blood ( অভিজাত বংশের রক্ত বহনকারী )
- In full swing ( পুরাদমে ) The school is now in full swing.
- Hue and cry ( শোরগোল ) The villagers raised a hue and cry to see the thief.
- From A to Z ( প্রথম হইতে শেষ পয্র্ন্ত ) The statement is true from A to Z.