Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Weak in ( কাঁচা ) He is weak in Mathematics.
- Owe to ( ঋণী হওয়া ) I owe my all to him.
- Ignorant of ( অজ্ঞ ) He is ignorant of this rule.
- Capable to ( সক্ষম ) He is capable of doing this alone.
- Comply with ( মেনে নেওয়া ) I shall comply with your request.
- Disgusted with ( বিরক্ত ) I am disgusted with him at his conduct.
- In full swing ( পুরাদমে ) The school is now in full swing.
- Maiden speech ( প্রথম বক্তৃতা ) His maiden speech fell flat on the audience.
- Cut to the quick ( মর্মাহত হওয়া ) I was cut to the quick by his words.
- Birds eye view ( মোটামোটি ধারণা ; এক নজর ) He took a bird’s eye view of the flood-stricken area from an aeroplane.
- be up and doing ( উঠে-পড়ে লাগা )
- Hard nut to crack ( কঠিন সমস্যা ) The problem of adult education is really a hard nut to crack.