Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Dislike for ( অপছন্দ ) He has dislike for dogs.
- Opportunity for ( সুযোগ ) I have no opportunity for (of) doing the work.
- Respond to ( উত্তর দেওয়া ) Nobody responded to my call.
- Useful to ( প্রয়োজনীয় (ব্যক্তি) ) This book is useful to us for examination.
- Void of ( বিহীন ) He is void of common sense.
- Smile on ( অনুগ্রহ করা ) Fortune smiled on him.
- By leaps and bounds ( অতি দ্রুতগতিতে ) The population of Bangladesh is increasing by leaps and bounds.
- Round the clock ( সমস্ত দিন ) He is working round the clock.
- slap on the wrist ( মৃদু শাস্তি ) Although he broke the rules, he was only given a slap on the wrist
- Turn over a new leaf ( নূতনের সূচনা ) After his failure he turned over a new leaf.
- At the eleventh hour ( শেষ মুহূর্তে ) he doctor came to the patient at the eleventh hour.
- In order to ( উদ্দেশ্য ) He came here in order to meet my mother.