Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Rest with ( নির্ভর করা ; বিশ্বাসস্থাপন করা ) The whole matter rests with you.
- Replace with another ( পরিবর্তন করা (একটি জিনিস) ) Replace this chair with new one.
- Supply to ( যোগান দেওয়া (ব্যক্তি) ) He supplied food to us.
- Search of ( অনুসন্ধানে ব্যস্ত ) They are in search of nice bird.
- Proportionate to ( আনুপাতিক ) Punishment should be proportionate to offence.
- Part with ( বিচ্ছিন্ন হওয়া (কোন জিনিস) ) She parted with the ring.
- Come off with flying colours ( জয়লাভ করা ) Our School team came off with flying colours.
- Red letter day ( স্মরণীয় দিন ) The 21 February is a red letter day in the history of Bangladesh.
- In no time ( শীঘ্র ) He will finish the work in no time.
- Hush money ( ঘুষ ) He offered a hush money to suppress the murder.
- Bring to light ( প্রকাশ করা ) At last all the facts were brought to light.
- In a nut shell ( খুব সংক্ষেপে ) Tell the story in a nut shell.