Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Equal to ( সমতুল্য (কাজ) ) He rose equal to the occasion.
- Sentence to ( দন্ডাদেশ দেওয়া ) He was sentenced to death for murder.
- Part from ( বিচ্ছিন্ন হওয়া (ব্যক্তি) ) He parted form his friend.
- Favourable for ( অনুকূল (কোনকিছু) ) This situation is favorable to me for doing this.
- Displeased with ( অসন্তুষ্ট ) I am displeased with him at his conduct.
- Prior to ( পূর্বে ) Prior to that, he was in a wretched condition.
- Now and then ( মাঝে মাঝে ) He comes here now and then.
- bad faith ( বিশ্বাসঘাতকতা )
- in the doldrums ( উদাসীন ভাবাপন্ন )
- All on a sudden ( হঠাৎ ) All on a sudden a tiger came out of the bush.
- End in smoke ( ব্যর্থ হওয়া ) All his plans ended in smoke.
- Bird of a feather ( এক রকম স্বভাবের লোক ) Birds of a feather flock together.