Bangla Academy Dictionary:
Related Phrase, Idioms or a. prep.:
Share 'par' with others:
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Cure of ( আরগ্য হওয়া ) He will be cured of the disease very soon.
- Invite to ( নিমন্ত্রণ করা ) I invited him to dinner.
- Sure of ( নিশ্চিত ) I am sure of success.
- Die from ( মারা যাওয়া (প্রতিক্রিয়া) ) He died form over-eating.
- Lacking in ( অভাব আছে এমন ) He is lacking in courage.
- Zeal for ( প্রবল উৎসাহ ) He has a zeal for social work.
- be bad at ( দক্ষ না হওয়া )
- Carry the day ( জয়লাভ করা ) Rajib, the best player of the school, carried the day in the annual sports.
- bad shoot ( অসংগত অনুমান )
- live by ones wit ( কথা বেচে খাওয়া )
- At a loss ( হতবু্দ্ধি ; কিংকর্তব্যবিমূঢ় ) He was at a loss and did not know what to do.
- Steer clear of ( এড়াইয়া চলা ) You must steer clear of evil company.