Bangla Academy Dictionary:
Related Phrase, Idioms or a. prep.:
Share 'par' with others:
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Mourn over ( শোক করা ) Don't mourn over the dead.
- Satisfied with ( সন্তুষ্ট ) I am satisfied with him or I am satisfied of the truth.
- Rejoice in ( আনন্দ করা ) Every one rejoiced in her success.
- Wish for ( আকাঙ্খা করা ) I do not wish for name and fame.
- Weak of ( দূর্বল ) He is weak of understanding.
- Prior to ( পূর্বে ) Prior to that, he was in a wretched condition.
- A blessing in disguise ( বিপরীতে হিত ; প্রথমে খারাপ হিসেবে মনে হলেও পরবর্তীতে ভালো হয় ) Sam's motorcycle accident was a blessing in disguise because he got enough insurance money.
- Hard and fast ( বাঁধা ধরা ) There is no such hard and fast rule in this matter.
- a piece of cake ( খুবই সহজ ) This assignment is a piece of cake
- Widow's mite ( দরিদ্রর ক্ষুদ্র দান ) A widow's mite is no less important than a large contribution of a rich man.
- a bad apple ( কোনো একটা দলের সব ভালোর মধ্যে খারাপ বা মন্দটা ) In any group of average citizens there are bound to be a few bad apples.
- At once back and call ( বাধ্য ) He is always at my back and call.