Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Prefer to ( অধিক পছন্দ করা ) I prefer coffee to tea.
- Occupied with ( নিয়োজিত (কাজ) ) He is occupied with his studies.
- Consistent with ( সামঞ্জস্যপূর্ণ ) Your action is not consistent with the rules.
- Prior to ( পূর্বে ) Prior to that, he was in a wretched condition.
- Trust with ( বিশ্বাস করা (জিনিস) ) You may trust me with the work.
- Lack of ( অভাব ) I have no lack of friends.
- Turn over a new leaf ( নূতনের সূচনা ) After his failure he turned over a new leaf.
- By and by ( শীঘ্র ) He will come here by and by.
- In cold blood ( ঠান্ডা মাথায় ) They committed this murder in cold blood.
- put a spoke to ones wheel ( কারও উন্নতিতে বাধা হওয়া )
- ABC ( প্রাথমিক জ্ঞান ) Everybody must know at least the ABC of religion.
- Call a spade a spade ( অপ্রিয় সত্য কথা বলা ) I have no hesitation to call a spade a spade.