Learn English by Lessons
By And By vs GraduallyCommonly Confused Words
By and by means ‘after a short and/or undetermined period of time.’ Gradually refers to something happening in a gradual way; slowly; by degrees.
Before vs AgoCommonly Confused Words
Before refers to ‘at any time past now/then’ counting back from a past moment. Ago is used to refer a time expression to count back from the present.
At Present vs PresentlyCommonly Confused Words
At present means a moment or period in time which is not past and not future but between them. Presently also means “now” which is most often used with the present tense and presently in the use of future tense means ‘soon.'
Learn words by topics :
- Appeal to ( আবেদন করা (ব্যক্তি) ) He appealed to the Headmaster for pardon.
- Complain to ( অভিযোগ করা (ব্যক্তি) ) The complained to the Director against the Manager about her behavior.
- Pity for ( করুণা ) Have pity for the poor.
- Agree with ( একমত হওয়া (ব্যক্তি) ) I agree with you on this point
- Avail of ( সুযোগ গ্রহণ করা ) You must avail yourself of the business.
- Displeased with ( অসন্তুষ্ট ) I am displeased with him at his conduct.
- Tooth and nail ( তীব্রভাবে ) He fought tooth and nail against his enemy.
- At arm’s length ( দূরে ) Try to keep the bad boy at arm’s length.
- Hush money ( ঘুষ ) He offered a hush money to suppress the murder.
- Rank and file ( সাধারণ লোক ) We should pay attention to the rank and file of the country.
- tickled pink ( খুব খুশি করানো ) She was tickled pink by the good news.
- At a stretch ( একটানা ) He can run ten miles at a stretch.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions