Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Angry for ( রাগান্বিত (কোন কিছু) ) I am angry for something.
- Late in ( দেরি ) Why are you so late in coming?
- Pleased at ( সন্তুষ্ট (কোনকিছু) ) I am pleased at the news.
- Glance at ( চোখ বুলিয়ে নেওয়া ) He glanced at me casually.
- Favourable to ( অনুকূল (ব্যক্তি) ) This situation is favourable to me for doing this.
- Sentence to ( দন্ডাদেশ দেওয়া ) He was sentenced to death for murder.
- Nip in the bud ( অঙ্কুরে বিনষ্ট করা ) All his hopes were nipped in the bud.
- have ones eyes ( কারও হাতে বিস্তর কাজ থাকা )
- All at once ( হঠাৎ ) All at once a tiger came out of the forest.
- At random ( বেপরোয়া ; এলোমেলো ) He hit the ball at random.
- A slow coach ( কর্মকুণ্ঠ ও মন্থর ব্যাক্তি ) Roky is known as a slow coach to his friend circle.
- word of no implication ( কথার কথা )