Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Escape from ( পলায়ন করা ) The prisoner escaped from the jail.
- Quarrel for ( কলহ করা (কোনকিছু) ) They quarreled with one another for the property.
- Similar to ( সদৃশ ) This pen is similar to that.
- Acquainted with ( পরিচিত ) I am acquainted with her.
- Admit of ( স্বীকৃতি পাওয়া ) Your conduct admits of no excuse.
- Provide against ( পূর্বে ব্যবস্থা করা ; সরবরাহ করা ) You must provide against evil days for your children.
- In no time ( শীঘ্র ) He will finish the work in no time.
- queer go ( অদ্ভুত ব্যপার )
- At a loss ( হতবু্দ্ধি ; কিংকর্তব্যবিমূঢ় ) He was at a loss and did not know what to do.
- At large ( স্বাধীন ) The anti-socials are still at large.
- Chip of the old block ( বাপকা বেটা ) He is a chip of the old black.
- Cut a sorry figure ( খারাপ ফল করা ) He cuts a sorry figure in the examination.