Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Favourable to ( অনুকূল (ব্যক্তি) ) This situation is favourable to me for doing this.
- Access to ( প্রবেশ অধিকার ) Public has no access to this area.
- Ashamed of ( লজ্জিত ) He is not ashamed of his conduct.
- Careful of ( যত্নবান ) He is careful of his money.
- Think over ( চিন্তা করা (কোনকিছু) ) Think carefully over his advice.
- Inquire of ( অনুসন্ধান করা (ব্যক্তি) ) I inquired of him about the matter.
- Red letter day ( স্মরণীয় দিন ) The 21 February is a red letter day in the history of Bangladesh.
- vile sycophant ( খঁয়ের খা )
- Burning question ( তীব্র বিতর্কের বিষয় ) The problem of the dowry system is the burning question of the day.
- Three R's ( প্রাথমিক শিক্ষা ) The majority of our people have not yet learnt the three R's.
- At last ( অবশেষে ) I got my missing book at last.
- Book worm ( গ্রন্থকীট ) Don't be a book worm.