Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Hard at ( উদ্যমী ) He is hard at work before examination.
- Confined in ( আবদ্ধ (কক্ষ) ) He is confined in a room for five days.
- Owe to ( ঋণী হওয়া ) I owe my all to him.
- Different from ( পৃথক ) This book is different from that.
- Made of ( তৈরি ) This ring is made of gold.
- Compete for ( প্রতিযোগিতা করা (কোন কিছু) ) He competed for the first position.
- To the letter ( অক্ষরে অক্ষরে ) He followed my advice to the letter.
- A bolt from the blue ( সম্পূর্ন অপ্রত্যাশিত ) The news of his father's death came to him as a bolt from the blue.
- A slow coach ( কর্মকুণ্ঠ ও মন্থর ব্যাক্তি ) Roky is known as a slow coach to his friend circle.
- As if ( যেন ) He swims so beautifully as if he is the Olympic gold medalist.
- Heart and soul ( সর্বান্তঃকরণে ) Try heard and soul and you will succeed.
- under the weather ( ভাল না ; অসুস্থ ) I've been feeling under the weather