Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Excel in ( তুলনামূলক ভাবে সুন্দর হওয়া ) He excels in painting.
- Blind to ( দোষের প্রতি অন্ধ ) He is blind to his won faults.
- Greed for ( লোভ ) He has no greed for wealth.
- Polite in ( নম্র ) He is polite in his manners. (Polite to strangers).
- Think of ( চিন্তা করা (ব্যক্তি) ) What do you think of (about) him?
- Admit to ( ভর্তি করা ) Khadil was admitted to university.
- Up and downs ( উন্থানপতন ) There are ups and downs in a man's life.
- Hard nut to crack ( কঠিন সমস্যা ) The problem of adult education is really a hard nut to crack.
- Out of order ( বিকল ) This car is out of order.
- To and fro ( এদিন-ওদিক ) Being unable to make up his mind the man is walking to and fro.
- Bid fair ( ভালো কিছু আশা করা ) He bids fair to be a good doctor.
- At random ( বেপরোয়া ; এলোমেলো ) He hit the ball at random.