Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Diffident of ( সন্দিগ্ধ ) I am diffident of success.
- Mourn over ( শোক করা ) Don't mourn over the dead.
- Compete for ( প্রতিযোগিতা করা (কোন কিছু) ) He competed for the first position.
- Sanguine of ( নিশ্চিত ) She is sanguine of her success.
- Live within ( বাঁচা ) He live within his means
- Equal in ( সমতুল্য (পদমর্যদা) ) Mr.Karim is equal in rank with Mr.Rahim.
- A bed of roses ( সুখ-স্বাচ্ছন্দ্যপূর্ণ জীবন ) Many people think that life is a bed of roses
- Hold water ( ধোপে টেকা ; কার্যকরি হওয়া ) This policy will not hold water in this situation.
- By the by ( প্রসঙ্গক্রমে ) By the by I came to know that he was ill.
- Far and wide ( সর্বত্র ) His fame as a scholar spread far and wide
- Irony of fate ( ভাগ্যের পরিহাস ) He could not succeed by irony of fate.
- Take one to task ( তিরস্কার করা ) He was taken to task for negligence of duty.