Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Good at ( দক্ষ ) He is good at tennis.
- Live on ( খেয়ে বাঁচা ) The cow lives on grass.
- Make out ( বুঝতে পারা ) I cannot make out what you say.
- Lament for ( বিলাপ করা ) She lamented for her child.
- Plead for ( ওকালতি করা (কোনকিছু) ) I pleaded with him for justice (against the wrong done to me).
- Desire for ( ইচ্ছা ) He has no desire for fame.
- queer go ( অদ্ভুত ব্যপার )
- Call in question ( সন্দেহ করা ) No one can call his honesty in question.
- a piece of cake ( খুবই সহজ ) This assignment is a piece of cake
- By all means ( সবর্প্রকার ) Try to do it by all means.
- At a low ebb ( নিম্নমুখী ) His fame is at a low ebb now.
- All on a sudden ( হঠাৎ ) All on a sudden a tiger came out of the bush.