Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Make for ( অগ্রসর হওয়া ) The ship made for England.
- Admit to ( ভর্তি করা ) Khadil was admitted to university.
- Mourn over ( শোক করা ) Don't mourn over the dead.
- Insist on ( জিদ করা ) He insisted on my going home.
- Contribute to ( দান হিসাবে দেওয়া ) He contributed one thousand taka to the Flood Relief Fund.
- Respect to ( সম্বন্ধে ) We are talking with respect to that matter.
- At the eleventh hour ( শেষ মুহূর্তে ) he doctor came to the patient at the eleventh hour.
- to the bad ( মন্দাবস্থায় ; ঘাটতি অবস্থায় )
- cringing flatterer ( খঁয়ের খা )
- feather ones nest ( কাজ গুছিয়ে নেওয়া )
- bad shoot ( অসংগত অনুমান )
- Bag and baggage ( তল্পিতল্পাসহ ) He left the place bag and baggage.