Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Remedy for ( প্রতিকার ) There is no remedy for this disease.
- Weary of ( ক্লান্ত ) He is weary of hard life.
- Remind of ( মনে করিয়ে দেওয়া (কোনকিছু) ) I reminded him of his promise.
- Liking for ( রুচি ) She has a liking for music.
- Argue against ( যূক্তি দেখানো (কোন কিছু) ) I argued with him against the point.
- Rich in ( সম্পদশালী ) Bangladesh is rich in minerals.
- Slip of the pen ( লেখায় অসতর্কতাবশতঃ সামান্য ভুল ) This mistake is due to a slip of the pen.
- set a naught ( কলা দেখানো )
- Do yeoman's service ( বিশেষ উপকার করা ) Raja Rammohan Roy has done yeoman's service to our country.
- In the long run ( পরিশেষে ) You will have to suffer in the long run.
- Out of doors ( বাহিরে ) It is rather cold out of doors.
- Ins and outs ( খুঁটিনাটি সব কিছু ) I know the ins and outs of the matter.