Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Restrict to ( সীমাবব্ধ করা ) Admission was restricted to students.
- Argue for ( যূক্তি দেখানো (কোন কিছু) ) I argued with him for the point.
- Tell upon ( ক্ষতি করা ) Over-eating tells upon health.
- Offended with ( বিরক্ত (ব্যক্তি) ) I am offended with you at your conduct.
- Die for ( মারা যাওয়া (কারণ) ) He died for his country.
- Restore to ( ফিরিয়ে দেওয়া ) Restore his property to him.
- Of course ( অবশ্যই ) Of course, you know what that means
- Nip in the bud ( অঙ্কুরে বিনষ্ট করা ) All his hopes were nipped in the bud.
- From hand to mouth ( দিন আনে দিন খায় ) The poor man lives form hand to mouth.
- Catch red handed ( হাতে নাতে ধরা ) The thief was caught red handed.
- Out of order ( বিকল ) This car is out of order.
- Three R's ( প্রাথমিক শিক্ষা ) The majority of our people have not yet learnt the three R's.