Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Satisfaction in ( সন্তোষ ) I find satisfaction in gardening. Great was his satisfaction with her result.
- Dull of ( বোধশক্তিহীন ) He is dull of understanding.
- Distinguish between ( প্রভেদ করা ) Distinguish between a phrase and a clause.
- Envy of ( ঈর্ষা ) I have no envy of him.
- Occupied with ( নিয়োজিত (কাজ) ) He is occupied with his studies.
- Obsessed by ( উদ্বিগ্ন ) He is obsessed by the idea.
- Out of sorts ( ঈষৎ অসুস্থ ) He is out of sorts now.
- By hook or by crook ( যে কোন উপায়ে ) You must do this work by hook or by crook.
- ABC ( প্রাথমিক জ্ঞান ) Everybody must know at least the ABC of religion.
- Sink in ( আবদ্ধ হওয়া, ডুবে যাওয়া ) He sank in mud or the ship sank into the sea.
- Turn a deaf ear to ( মনোযোগ না দেওয়া ) He turned a deaf ear to my proposal.
- Lame excuse ( বাজে গুজব ) This lame excuse will to do.