SYNONYM notable; Famous; noted; appreciable; surprise; noticeable; memorable; prominent; plenty; oner;
Next : pricklesPrevious : campuses
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Overcome by ( দমন করা ) He was overcome by anger.
- Officiate for ( পরিবর্তে কাজ করা (ব্যক্তি) ) He officiated for me in that post.
- Wanting in ( বিহীন ) He is wanting in common sense.
- Sensible of ( বোধ সম্পন্ন ) She is sensible of the risk.
- Engaged with ( নিযুক্ত (ব্যক্তি) ) I was engaged with him in talk.
- Insist on ( জিদ করা ) He insisted on my going home.
- vile sycophant ( খঁয়ের খা )
- Slip of the pen ( লেখায় অসতর্কতাবশতঃ সামান্য ভুল ) This mistake is due to a slip of the pen.
- Crocodile tears ( ময়া কান্না ) He shed crocodile tears at our misery.
- Maiden speech ( প্রথম বক্তৃতা ) His maiden speech fell flat on the audience.
- Red tape ( লাল ফিতার বাঁধন ; আমলাতান্ত্রিকতা ) Red tapism causes delay in official work.
- At a low ebb ( নিম্নমুখী ) His fame is at a low ebb now.