Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Ashamed for ( লজ্জিত ) I feel ashamed for you.
- Delight in ( আনন্দ ) He takes delight in music.
- Feel for ( সহানুভূতি অনুভব করা ) I feel for you in your trouble.
- Respond to ( উত্তর দেওয়া ) Nobody responded to my call.
- Remind of ( মনে করিয়ে দেওয়া (কোনকিছু) ) I reminded him of his promise.
- End in ( শেষ হওয়া ) All his plans ended in smoke.
- be bad at ( দক্ষ না হওয়া )
- As it were ( যেন ) The sun is, as it were , the lamp of the universe.
- put the cart before the horse ( স্বাভাবিক অবস্থা উলটাইয়া দেওয়া ; অস্বাভাবিক অবস্থা পরিণত করা )
- Out of doors ( বাহিরে ) It is rather cold out of doors.
- Above board ( সংশয়হীন ভাবে নির্দোষ ) His activities are open and above board.
- Out of the wood ( বিপদমুক্ত ) He is not yet out of the wood.