Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Desire for ( ইচ্ছা ) He has no desire for fame.
- Admit into ( প্রবেশাধিকার দেওয়া ) He was admitted into the room.
- Need of ( প্রয়োজনীয় ) I am in need of more money.
- Lack of ( অভাব ) I have no lack of friends.
- Similar to ( সদৃশ ) This pen is similar to that.
- Aware of ( সচেতন ) Man should aware of the danger of environment pollution.
- Bad blood ( মনোমালিন্য ; শত্রতা ; দ্বেষ ) Now there is bad blood between the two brothers.
- Wild goose chase ( পন্ডশ্রম ) Do not waste time in wild goose chase.
- All on a sudden ( হঠাৎ ) All on a sudden a tiger came out of the bush.
- Fish in a troubled water ( এলোমোলো অবস্থায় সুযোগ নেওয়া ) He made a lot of money by fishing in a troubled water.
- Cut to the quick ( মর্মাহত হওয়া ) I was cut to the quick by his words.
- Red letter day ( স্মরণীয় দিন ) The 21 February is a red letter day in the history of Bangladesh.