Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Respect to ( সম্বন্ধে ) We are talking with respect to that matter.
- Offended with ( বিরক্ত (ব্যক্তি) ) I am offended with you at your conduct.
- Burst into ( ভেঙ্গে পড়া ) He burst into tears at the sad news
- Remind of ( মনে করিয়ে দেওয়া (কোনকিছু) ) I reminded him of his promise.
- Die by ( মারা যাওয়া (বিষ) ) He died by poison.
- Disgrace to ( কলঙ্ক ) He is disgrace to his family.
- At the eleventh hour ( শেষ মুহূর্তে ) he doctor came to the patient at the eleventh hour.
- Rank and file ( সাধারণ লোক ) We should pay attention to the rank and file of the country.
- keep your chin up ( সুখি হওয়া ) His attempt keep your chin up
- A rainy day ( দুর্দিন ) Everybody should save something for rainy day.
- Bone of contention ( বিবাদের বিষয় ) The paternal property is the bone of contention between the two brothers.
- Get rid of ( মুক্তি পাওয়া ) Try to get rid of that rogue.