Learn English by Lessons
By And By vs GraduallyCommonly Confused Words
By and by means ‘after a short and/or undetermined period of time.’ Gradually refers to something happening in a gradual way; slowly; by degrees.
Before vs AgoCommonly Confused Words
Before refers to ‘at any time past now/then’ counting back from a past moment. Ago is used to refer a time expression to count back from the present.
At Present vs PresentlyCommonly Confused Words
At present means a moment or period in time which is not past and not future but between them. Presently also means “now” which is most often used with the present tense and presently in the use of future tense means ‘soon.'
Learn words by topics :
- Offended with ( বিরক্ত (ব্যক্তি) ) I am offended with you at your conduct.
- Difference between ( পার্থক্য ) There is no difference between the two brothers.
- Restore to ( ফিরিয়ে দেওয়া ) Restore his property to him.
- False to ( মিথ্যাবাদী ) I cannot be false to my friend.
- Qualified for ( যোগ্য ) He is qualified for the post.
- Indifferent to ( উদাসীন ) He is indifferent to our problem.
- At a loss ( হতবু্দ্ধি ; কিংকর্তব্যবিমূঢ় ) He was at a loss and did not know what to do.
- till the cows come home ( অনেক সময় ধরে ) I could play outside till the cows come home
- In a fix ( মুশকিলে পতিত ) He is in a fix and does not know what to do.
- In order to ( উদ্দেশ্য ) He came here in order to meet my mother.
- Round the clock ( সমস্ত দিন ) He is working round the clock.
- Take to one's heels ( ছুটিয়া পালানো ) The thieves took to their heels to see the police.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions