Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Agree with ( একমত হওয়া (ব্যক্তি) ) I agree with you on this point
- Respect of ( সম্বন্ধে ) He is junior to me in respect of service.
- Vexed for ( বিরক্ত (জিনিস) ) He is vexed with me for opposing him.
- Devote to ( উৎসর্গ করা ) He devotes much time to study.
- Rich in ( সম্পদশালী ) Bangladesh is rich in minerals.
- Heir of ( উত্তরাধিকারী (ব্যক্তি) ) He is the heir of his uncle.
- Cut a sorry figure ( খারাপ ফল করা ) He cuts a sorry figure in the examination.
- Lion's share ( সিংহভাগ ) He took the lion's share of the profit.
- queer go ( অদ্ভুত ব্যপার )
- harp on the same string ( এক কথা বারবার বলা )
- Call a spade a spade ( অপ্রিয় সত্য কথা বলা ) I have no hesitation to call a spade a spade.
- Birds eye view ( মোটামোটি ধারণা ; এক নজর ) He took a bird’s eye view of the flood-stricken area from an aeroplane.