Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Appeal to ( আবেদন করা (ব্যক্তি) ) He appealed to the Headmaster for pardon.
- Boast of ( গর্ব করা ) Do not boast of your wealth.
- Rely on ( নির্ভর করা ) You can rely on him.
- Deaf of ( বধির ) He is deaf of one ear.
- Addicted to ( আসক্ত ) He is addicted to separate.
- Offended with ( বিরক্ত (ব্যক্তি) ) I am offended with you at your conduct.
- Moot point ( অমীমাংসিত বিষয় ) Dowry system is still a moot point in Bangladesh.
- bad faith ( বিশ্বাসঘাতকতা )
- Hold water ( ধোপে টেকা ; কার্যকরি হওয়া ) This policy will not hold water in this situation.
- At all ( আদৌ ) He does not know French at all.
- Out of temper ( ক্রুদ্ধ ) He is out of temper now.
- Hush money ( ঘুষ ) He offered a hush money to suppress the murder.