Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Occur to ( মনে হওয়া ) The idea never occurred to me.
- Bent on ( ঝোঁক ) He is bent on playing cricket.
- Proportionate to ( আনুপাতিক ) Punishment should be proportionate to offence.
- Argue against ( যূক্তি দেখানো (কোন কিছু) ) I argued with him against the point.
- Dedicate to ( উৎসর্গ করা ) This book is dedicated to his father.
- Remedy for ( প্রতিকার ) There is no remedy for this disease.
- vile sycophant ( খঁয়ের খা )
- At a stretch ( একটানা ) He can run ten miles at a stretch.
- keep your chin up ( সুখি হওয়া ) His attempt keep your chin up
- End in smoke ( ব্যর্থ হওয়া ) All his plans ended in smoke.
- Take one to task ( তিরস্কার করা ) He was taken to task for negligence of duty.
- bad debts ( অশোধ্য বা অনাদায়ী ঋন ; যে ঋন শোধ করা যাবে না )
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions