Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Provide with ( সরবরাহ করা (কোন জিনিস) ) I provide (supply) him with food.
- Deaf of ( বধির ) He is deaf of one ear.
- Wonder at ( অবাক হওয়া ) I wonder at his ignorance.
- Alarmed at ( আতঙ্কিত ) We were alarmed at he news.
- Equal with ( সমতুল্য (ব্যক্তি) ) Mr.Karim is equal in rank with Mr.Rahim.
- Come of ( জন্মগ্রহণ করা ) He comes of a noble family.
- At a stretch ( একটানা ) He can run ten miles at a stretch.
- At the eleventh hour ( শেষ মুহূর্তে ) he doctor came to the patient at the eleventh hour.
- By all means ( সবর্প্রকার ) Try to do it by all means.
- be bad at ( দক্ষ না হওয়া )
- In a fix ( মুশকিলে পতিত ) He is in a fix and does not know what to do.
- Bring to book ( শাস্তি দেওয়া ) He should be brought to book for his misconduct.