Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Dislike for ( অপছন্দ ) He has dislike for dogs.
- Pass away ( মারা যাওয়া ) He passes away last night.
- Wonder at ( অবাক হওয়া ) I wonder at his ignorance.
- Beware of ( সতর্ক হওয়া ) Beware of pick-pockets.
- Rely on ( নির্ভর করা ) You can rely on him.
- Live within ( বাঁচা ) He live within his means
- know from a bare hint ( এক আঁচরেই বোঝা )
- As if ( যেন ) He swims so beautifully as if he is the Olympic gold medalist.
- Far and wide ( সর্বত্র ) His fame as a scholar spread far and wide
- Cock and bull story ( গাঁজাখুরি গল্প ) Nobody will believe your cock and bull story
- a bad apple ( কোনো একটা দলের সব ভালোর মধ্যে খারাপ বা মন্দটা ) In any group of average citizens there are bound to be a few bad apples.
- Steer clear of ( এড়াইয়া চলা ) You must steer clear of evil company.