Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Aloof from ( দূরে থাকা ) Keep yourself aloof from bad company.
- Agree with ( একমত হওয়া (ব্যক্তি) ) I agree with you on this point
- Subject to ( শর্তাধীন ) This is subject to approval of the committee.
- Faithful to ( বিশ্বস্ত ) The dog is faithful to his master.
- Acquit of ( খালাস দেওয়া ) High court acquit him of the charge.
- Boast of ( গর্ব করা ) Do not boast of your wealth.
- Take one to task ( তিরস্কার করা ) He was taken to task for negligence of duty.
- Household word ( সকলের পরিচিত নাম ) Mother Teresa's name has now become a household word.
- Ins and outs ( খুঁটিনাটি সব কিছু ) I know the ins and outs of the matter.
- Red tape ( লাল ফিতার বাঁধন ; আমলাতান্ত্রিকতা ) Red tapism causes delay in official work.
- Moot point ( অমীমাংসিত বিষয় ) Dowry system is still a moot point in Bangladesh.
- In time ( ঠিক সময়ে ) He reached the station in time.