Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Pity for ( করুণা ) Have pity for the poor.
- Supply to ( যোগান দেওয়া (ব্যক্তি) ) He supplied food to us.
- Absent from ( অনুপস্থিত ) Rifat was absent from college.
- Distinguish between ( প্রভেদ করা ) Distinguish between a phrase and a clause.
- Zealous for ( আগ্রহী ) He is zealous for improvement.
- Guess at ( অনুমান করা ) Can you guess at her age?
- in the doldrums ( উদাসীন ভাবাপন্ন )
- In one's teens ( তের থেকে উনিশ বছর বয়সের মধ্যে ) She is yet in her teens.
- At one’s own sweet will ( খুশি মতো ) He still does it at his own sweet will.
- Hold good ( প্রযুক্ত হওয়া ) This ruls will not hold good here.
- clever hit ( কথার মতন কথা )
- Heart and soul ( সর্বান্তঃকরণে ) Try heard and soul and you will succeed.