Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Acquainted with ( পরিচিত ) I am acquainted with her.
- Quarrel for ( কলহ করা (কোনকিছু) ) They quarreled with one another for the property.
- Need for ( প্রয়োজনীয় ) I have no need for more money.
- Avail of ( সুযোগ গ্রহণ করা ) You must avail yourself of the business.
- Aloof from ( দূরে থাকা ) Keep yourself aloof from bad company.
- Faith with ( বিশ্বাস (ভঙ্গ) ) He broke faith with me.
- under the weather ( ভাল না ; অসুস্থ ) I've been feeling under the weather
- Carry the day ( জয়লাভ করা ) Rajib, the best player of the school, carried the day in the annual sports.
- Dead language ( যে ভাষা এখন আর কথ্য নয় ) Sanskrit is a rich language, but it is now a dead language.
- Red letter day ( স্মরণীয় দিন ) The 21 February is a red letter day in the history of Bangladesh.
- At once finger ends ( নখদর্পণে ) All these facts are at his finger ends.
- Turn over a new leaf ( নূতনের সূচনা ) After his failure he turned over a new leaf.