Learn English by Lessons
Just Now vs Right Now vs Presently:Commonly Confused Words
Just now, right now and presently are often confusedly replaced with each other, while they don't mean exactly the same, though they have similar connotations.
Hard vs HardlyCommonly Confused Words
Hard and hardly are often confusedly used as similar words. However, they do differ. While hard has a positive connotation, hardly has a very negative impact in a sentence.
First vs FastCommonly Confused Words
First refers to someone or something or someone’s actions which happen before everything else. Fast can both be an adjective and adverb which means quick or quickly.
Learn words by topics :
- Respond to ( উত্তর দেওয়া ) Nobody responded to my call.
- Pity for ( করুণা ) Have pity for the poor.
- Subject to ( শর্তাধীন ) This is subject to approval of the committee.
- Require of ( প্রয়োজন হওয়া (কোন কিছু) ) I required a loan of him.
- Jump to ( তাড়াহুড়ো করে সিদ্ধান্তে আসা ) Do not jump to a conclusion without much thinking.
- Boast of ( গর্ব করা ) Do not boast of your wealth.
- At random ( বেপরোয়া ; এলোমেলো ) He hit the ball at random.
- to the bad ( মন্দাবস্থায় ; ঘাটতি অবস্থায় )
- Apple of discord ( বিবাদেয় বিষয় ) The paternal property has become an apple of discord between the two brothers.
- By far ( সর্বাংশে ) He is by far the best boy in the class.
- Catch red handed ( হাতে নাতে ধরা ) The thief was caught red handed.
- Beggar description ( বর্ণনাতীত ) The beauty of the Taj beggars description.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions