Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Render into ( অনুবাদ করা ) Render the passage into Hindi.
- Occupied in ( নিয়োজিত ) He is occupied in writing a letter.
- Displeased at ( অসন্তুষ্ট ) I am displeased with him at his conduct.
- Tide over ( অতিক্রম করা ) He will soon tide over the difficulty.
- Rid of ( মুক্ত হওয়া ) Get rid of bad company.
- Differ on ( ভিন্ন মত হওয়া (ব্যপার) ) I differ with you on this point.
- At one’s own sweet will ( খুশি মতো ) He still does it at his own sweet will.
- Take one to task ( তিরস্কার করা ) He was taken to task for negligence of duty.
- After all ( সবকিছু সত্ত্বেও ) After all, he is a patriot.
- At all events ( যাই ঘটুক সব ক্ষেত্রেই ) I shall stand by him at all events.
- At arm’s length ( দূরে ) Try to keep the bad boy at arm’s length.
- In the long run ( পরিশেষে ) You will have to suffer in the long run.