Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Differ with ( ভিন্ন মত হওয়া (ব্যক্তি) ) I differ with you on this point.
- Restore to ( ফিরিয়ে দেওয়া ) Restore his property to him.
- Weak in ( কাঁচা ) He is weak in Mathematics.
- Occur to ( মনে হওয়া ) The idea never occurred to me.
- Boast of ( গর্ব করা ) Do not boast of your wealth.
- Loyal to ( বিশ্বস্ত ) He is loyal to his master.
- Fish in a troubled water ( এলোমোলো অবস্থায় সুযোগ নেওয়া ) He made a lot of money by fishing in a troubled water.
- blue blood ( অভিজাত বংশের রক্ত বহনকারী )
- By and by ( শীঘ্র ) He will come here by and by.
- to the bad ( মন্দাবস্থায় ; ঘাটতি অবস্থায় )
- In cold blood ( ঠান্ডা মাথায় ) They committed this murder in cold blood.
- reap the harvest of sin ( কর্ম ভোগ করা )