Learn English by Lessons
By And By vs GraduallyCommonly Confused Words
By and by means ‘after a short and/or undetermined period of time.’ Gradually refers to something happening in a gradual way; slowly; by degrees.
Before vs AgoCommonly Confused Words
Before refers to ‘at any time past now/then’ counting back from a past moment. Ago is used to refer a time expression to count back from the present.
At Present vs PresentlyCommonly Confused Words
At present means a moment or period in time which is not past and not future but between them. Presently also means “now” which is most often used with the present tense and presently in the use of future tense means ‘soon.'
Learn words by topics :
- Greed for ( লোভ ) He has no greed for wealth.
- Respect to ( সম্বন্ধে ) We are talking with respect to that matter.
- Cope with ( সামলানো ) I cannot cope with the situation.
- Pleased at ( সন্তুষ্ট (কোনকিছু) ) I am pleased at the news.
- Believe in ( বিশ্বাস করা ) I do not believe in his honesty.
- Deaf of ( বধির ) He is deaf of one ear.
- Heart and soul ( সর্বান্তঃকরণে ) Try heard and soul and you will succeed.
- Weal and woe ( সুখ-দুঃখ ) Human life is full of weal and woe.
- Bring to book ( শাস্তি দেওয়া ) He should be brought to book for his misconduct.
- Call to mind ( স্মরণ করা ) I cannot call to mind your name.
- cringing flatterer ( খঁয়ের খা )
- Rank and file ( সাধারণ লোক ) We should pay attention to the rank and file of the country.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions