Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Come of ( জন্মগ্রহণ করা ) He comes of a noble family.
- Fit for ( যোগ্য ) He is not fit for the job.
- Sensitive to ( সংবেদনশীল ) She is sensitive to cold.
- Supply to ( যোগান দেওয়া (ব্যক্তি) ) He supplied food to us.
- Look over ( পরীক্ষা করা ) He is looking over the answer papers.
- Differ from ( ভিন্নরূপ হওয়া ) This thing differs from that.
- breathe out ( নিঃশ্বাস ত্যাগ করা ) At last, he breathed his last breath out, and that was the end.
- to the bad ( মন্দাবস্থায় ; ঘাটতি অবস্থায় )
- Fish out of water ( অস্বস্তিকর অবস্থায় ) When he came to the village, he felt like a fish out of water.
- In a fix ( মুশকিলে পতিত ) He is in a fix and does not know what to do.
- Above all ( প্রধানত ; সর্বোপরি ) We should be kind, polite, and above all honest.
- Kith and kin ( নিকট আত্মীয় ) He has no good relationship with his kith and kin.