Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Key to ( সমাধানের উপায় ) He has found out the key to his problem.
- Offend against ( লঙ্গন করা ) You have offended against good manners.
- Supply with ( যোগান দেওয়া (কোন জিনিস) ) He supplied us with food.
- Pass for ( গণ্য হওয়া ) He passes for a clever man.
- Look after ( দেখাশোনা করা ) There is none to look after her.
- Charge on or against ( অভিযোগ করা (ব্যক্তি) ) Theft was charged on (against) him.
- All on a sudden ( হঠাৎ ) All on a sudden a tiger came out of the bush.
- Die in harness ( কর্মরত অবস্থায় মারা যাওয়া ) Dr. Sen died in harness.
- Hold water ( ধোপে টেকা ; কার্যকরি হওয়া ) This policy will not hold water in this situation.
- Call in question ( সন্দেহ করা ) No one can call his honesty in question.
- Curry favour ( তোষামোদ করিয়ে প্রিয় হওয়া ) He knows how to curry favour with officers.
- Slow coach ( অলস প্রকৃতির লোক ) You cannot expect much from a slow coach like him.