Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Fatal to ( মারাত্মক ) he doctor's mistake proved fatal to his life.
- Quick at ( চটপটে ) He is quick at figures.
- Offensive to ( বিরক্তিকর ) This acrid smell is offensive to me.
- Close to ( নিকটে ) The school is very close to our house.
- Kind to ( সদয় ) She is very kind to the children.
- Comply with ( মেনে নেওয়া ) I shall comply with your request.
- On the spur of the moment ( মুহুর্তের উত্তেজনায় ) He did it on the spur of the moment.
- be bad at ( দক্ষ না হওয়া )
- Head and ears ( সম্পূর্ণরূপে ) He is over head and ears in debt.
- Flesh and blood ( রক্তমাংসের শরীর ) Flesh and blood cannot bear with such insults.
- To the backbone ( হাড়ে হাড়ে ) The boy is wicked to the backbone.
- host in himself ( একাই একশ )