Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Polite in ( নম্র ) He is polite in his manners. (Polite to strangers).
- Divide between ( ভাগ করা (দুটি বা দুজন) ) Divide the apple between Raqib and Shafique.
- Sanguine of ( নিশ্চিত ) She is sanguine of her success.
- Anxious for ( উদ্বিগ্ন ) He is anxious for getting a job.
- Succeed in ( সাফল্য লাভ করা ) He will succeed in life.
- Deaf of ( বধির ) He is deaf of one ear.
- At bay ( কোনঠাসা ) The tiger was at bay in the bush.
- live by ones wit ( কথা বেচে খাওয়া )
- put a spoke to ones wheel ( কারও উন্নতিতে বাধা হওয়া )
- harp on the same string ( এক কথা বারবার বলা )
- bad debts ( অশোধ্য বা অনাদায়ী ঋন ; যে ঋন শোধ করা যাবে না )
- At one’s own sweet will ( খুশি মতো ) He still does it at his own sweet will.