Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Sympathy for ( সহানুভূতি ) I have no sympathy for him.
- Bent on ( ঝোঁক ) He is bent on playing cricket.
- Vexed with ( বিরক্ত (ব্যক্তি) ) He is vexed with me at my conduct.
- Abound in ( প্রচুর পরিমাণে থাকা ) Fish abounds in this river.
- Limit to ( সীমা ) You should have a limit to your demands.
- Affection for ( স্নেহ ) The teacher feels affection for every pupils.
- bunch of fives ( মুষ্টি ; পাঁচ আঙ্গুলের মুঠো ) Rock can break anything with his bunch of fives.
- Take to heart ( মর্মাহত হওয়া ) He took his remark to heart.
- Beggar description ( বর্ণনাতীত ) The beauty of the Taj beggars description.
- Out of sorts ( ঈষৎ অসুস্থ ) He is out of sorts now.
- to the bad ( মন্দাবস্থায় ; ঘাটতি অবস্থায় )
- Heart and soul ( সর্বান্তঃকরণে ) Try heard and soul and you will succeed.