Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Interfere in ( হস্তক্ষেপ করা (কোন ব্যপার) ) Do not interfere in my job.
- Favourable to ( অনুকূল (ব্যক্তি) ) This situation is favourable to me for doing this.
- Difference between ( পার্থক্য ) There is no difference between the two brothers.
- Destined to ( ভাগ্য নির্দিষ্ট ) He was destined to death.
- Talk of ( কথা বলা (কোন জিনিস) ) I am talking to (with) Mr. Roy of (about, over) the matter.
- Pleased with ( সন্তুষ্ট ) I am pleased with him.
- In cold blood ( ঠান্ডা মাথায় ) They committed this murder in cold blood.
- Fall flat ( ফলপ্রসূ না হওয়া ) My advice feel fiat on him.
- tickled pink ( খুব খুশি করানো ) She was tickled pink by the good news.
- Set free ( মুক্ত করা ) The prisoners were set free.
- loose cannon ( অপ্রত্যাশিত ) He is a bit of a loose cannon.
- Fish out of water ( অস্বস্তিকর অবস্থায় ) When he came to the village, he felt like a fish out of water.