Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Equal to ( সমতুল্য (কাজ) ) He rose equal to the occasion.
- Deaf to ( শুনতে অনিচ্ছুক ) He is deaf to my request.
- Kind of ( প্রকার ) What kind of paper is it?
- Accompanied by ( সঙ্গী হওয়া ) He was accompanied by his father.
- Cope with ( সামলানো ) I cannot cope with the situation.
- Ignorant of ( অজ্ঞ ) He is ignorant of this rule.
- host in himself ( একাই একশ )
- Slow coach ( অলস প্রকৃতির লোক ) You cannot expect much from a slow coach like him.
- Breathe one's last ( মারা যাওয়া ) The old man breathed his last on Sunday last.
- big cheese ( দলের বা পরিবারের সবচেয়ে গুরুত্বপূর্ণ ব্যক্তি ) He is the big cheese who control everything in our group.
- A bed of roses thorns ( কন্টকময় জীবন ) Life is nothing but a bed of roses.
- put a spoke to ones wheel ( কারও উন্নতিতে বাধা হওয়া )