Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Ashamed for ( লজ্জিত ) I feel ashamed for you.
- Encroach on ( অনধিকার প্রবেশ করা ) Do not encroach on my land.
- Mad with ( উন্মাদ প্রায় ) He is mad with pain.
- Argue with ( যূক্তি দেখানো (ব্যক্তি) ) I argued with him for the point.
- Composed of ( তৈরি ) Water is composed of Hydrogen and Oxygen.
- Contribute to ( দান হিসাবে দেওয়া ) He contributed one thousand taka to the Flood Relief Fund.
- Kith and kin ( নিকট আত্মীয় ) He has no good relationship with his kith and kin.
- Steer clear of ( এড়াইয়া চলা ) You must steer clear of evil company.
- By chance ( দৈবাৎ ) I met him on the way by chance.
- As if ( যেন ) He swims so beautifully as if he is the Olympic gold medalist.
- Household word ( সকলের পরিচিত নাম ) Mother Teresa's name has now become a household word.
- At stake ( বিপন্ন ) His life is at stake now.